Discover New Zealand’s unique, dynamic and embracing culture and stunning landscapes.
Any visit to the islands of New Zealand should include time spent with their Maori culture, an integral part of Kiwi life that adds a unique, dynamic experience for visitors.
The best place to observe Maori culture is on a Marae (tribal meeting grounds). In Northland, Auckland, Rotorua and Canterbury, organized tours provide a traditional Maori welcome onto a marae, where you'll hear Maori speeches and singing, see carved meeting houses, meet the local people (you'll greet them with the traditional pressing of noses) and enjoy a hangi feast cooked in earth ovens.
You need to be part of a tour to visit a Marae, which our partners below will gladly provide.
- Save 10% on 2017 & 2018 Monograms Naturally New Zealand Vacations
- Exclusive $100 USD Savings on an In-Depth Journey through New Zealand with Journese
- Free Whakarewarewa Hangi Experience with 6 Day Rotorua Cultural Maori Tour with Travel2
6 Day Rotorua Cultural Maori Experience from $1,099 USD per person* and includes Free Whakarewarewa Hangi Experience
Maori, the indigenous people of New Zealand, came to the country more than 1,000 years ago from their mythical Polynesian homeland of Hawaiki. Through this enlightening tour, you can experience Maori culture at a "kapa haka" cultural show or by visiting the Polynesian Spa for thermal bathing and relaxation. On your exclusive Whakarewarewa Hangi Pie Experience, you’ll learn about their history, culture and traditions that have been handed down through generations, and also enjoy an authentic Hangi Pie Lunch.
6 Day Rotorua Cultural Maori Experience from $1,099 USD per person*
- 5 day car rental with Avis; includes all miles, GPS and insurance
- 5 nights Millenium Rotorua; Superior Room with upgrade to a Superior Lakeview Room (subject to availability)
- Te Ra (60 minutes with a guide) + Haka
- Lake Spa Admission
- Tamaki Maori Village
- Travel2 24-hour Afterhours Emergency assistance
Save 10% on 2017 & 2018 Monograms Naturally New Zealand vacations. *
God’s Own Country is how New Zealanders refer to their country. But why? Maybe because it offers stunning beauty. Maybe because it’s one of the first countries in the world to see the sunrise. Maybe because bungee jumping first began there. Don’t worry—Monograms won’t make you go bungee jumping, unless you choose to do that on your own! Instead, they’ll show you the amazing beauty and fun cities on this 13-day vacation, which includes your hotel accommodations, daily breakfast (plus four lunches and one dinner), sightseeing, land transportation, and transfers and more.
13-Day Naturally New Zealand Includes:
- Guided tour of Auckland followed by Waitemata Harbour cruise
- Visit Hobbiton, the movie set from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
- Guided tour of Rotorua that includes Te Puia, Rainbow Springs and the Agrodome
- Guided tour of Wellington and the region’s rugged coastline
- Akaroa Harbour nature cruise
- Canterbury Plains, Mount Cook National Park, Mackenzie Basin and Lake Wakatipu
Exclusive $100 USD Savings on an In-Depth Journey through New Zealand
Immerse yourself in a wealth of varied experiences as you explore the very best of New Zealand on this itinerary that covers both North and South Island. Journese experts have hand-selected the finest activities available, so you can make the most of your journey to this fascinating part of the world.
An In-Depth Journey through New Zealand
Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington & Christchurch : 9 days from $3,504 USD
- 3 nights SKYCITY GRAND in a Luxury suite
- Auckland Maori Excursion
- Taste of Waiheke Experience
- 2 nights Holiday Inn Rotorua in a Geothermal room
- Te Po Evening Experience
- 2 nights Rydges Wellington in a Deluxe King Harbour view room
- Middle Earth Excursion
- 2 nights Chateau on the Park in a One-bedroom suite with daily breakfast
- Akaroa & Banks Peninsula EcoCruise
- Private transfers throughout
Contact your travel agent.